Wolf Ridge Press
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The Wolf Ridge Press Narrative / Poetic Medicine Prize
Our book series honors a poet or writer whose work illuminates the life-changing events of illness and recovery. One manuscript will be published each year by Wolf Ridge Press of San Francisco and distributed by Small Press Distribution of Berkeley, California.
Our 2018 prize will be awarded to a poetry chapbook. In 2019 the award will go to a prose manuscript.
- Manuscript must be typed and single-spaced, no more than one poem per page.
- Suggested length is 24-36 pages.
- Your name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript proper; you will have the opportunity to enter your contact information in the Submittable form.
- Include an acknowledgements page for previously published work.
- Poems previously published in periodicals are eligible for inclusion but manuscripts previously published in their entirety are not.
- This award series is open to all authors writing original works in English for adult readers.
- Concurrent submissions are permitted as long as we are notified if your manuscript receives another award.
- Revisions during the course of the contest cannot be considered but winning authors will have an opportunity to make changes before publication.
- Publication of the winning manuscript will be 500 copies with 100 copies to the author in lieu of royalties. The winning poet will receive a prize of $250.00.